Monday, July 22, 2013

Family Feud

Although I thought I be able to escape the "Brawl of the Wild" when I moved to Peru it quickly became obvious that this wouldn't be the case. First it was the kid who live in Yanacoto (my training community) who had the Griz shirt (Griz Fan in Yanacoto, Peru)  and now it's the nightly debates I get into with Roger and Dina ever-sense my family came to visit and converted them into Griz fans:

Roger makes me say "Griz Rule" every time I enter his moto. 

Dina and boys sneering after a low blow comment about the Cats' record in 2000. 

Roger telling me how he'd never be caught dead in the ol' Blue and Gold. 

 Roger always comes at me with the over-used lines about the minor losing streak the Cats went through prior to the Kramer years at the turn of millennium, while Dina is just ruthless with her "F the Cats, Go Griz Go!" chants during breakfast. And neither one hesitates to reference the "Trouble in Paradise" write-up that one year in Sports Illustrated. Frankly, I'm sick of it, and looking forward to this year's show down. Go Cats.

(lot's of sarcasm in this post).